Tuesday 15 December 2009

Life through a lens - Tribute Tuesday, my sister Katie


This weeks Tribute Tuesday is in honour of my sister Katie... aka Bossy Boots.


Katie at her 30th Birthday Party


What can I say about Katie? Hmm... well ... do I embarrass her or not?

When Callum was still a baby Katie was working round the corner from us at the hospital and so would pop in for lunch. I remember her always bringing something nice in to eat and then her getting down on the floor on Callum's baby gym and playing with him and saying "I'm Favourite Auntie Katie.". She's always had a great way with kids and I know that if/when she decides to become a Mum herself she'll make a brilliant one.

Katie loves her food!! However Katie doesn't like waiting for her food, well she didn't when she was a kid. If dinner was later she'd cry. Aww bless. Also I remember how fussy she was with certain foods. Bread has to be fresh! Milk has to be fresh off the doorstep and not opened. Are you still like that Katie?

"I'm nothing like Sarah!". I've heard this is what Katie says when she's drunk. lol. Years ago Daz and I had a small New Years Eve gathering at our old flat, just family. Anyway Katie turned up right at the end of the evening totally wasted and embarked upon making her own cocktails. This basically involved her just throwing together in the hugest glass she could find every type of alcoholic drink we had. Once made she proceeded to drink it all. Then she saw the time and realised she should go home. Maybe this is when I should mention that our flat was on the first floor and the staircase was steep and narrow. See where this is going? Yep she went head over heals all the way down and lay there at the bottom like one of those actors do in a movie. We thought she'd broken everything, well at least something! But nope! Up she got, wondered why she was lying on the floor and went home. Apparently she didn't even remember turning up at ours. lol

You know how I said Katie is fussy with food? Well she is with clothes. How many outfits did you have for Daz and mines wedding Katie? lol

If you need a broken Swarovski Tiara taken back to the shop and replaced, Katie is the girl to do it. I never did hear how she got a brand new one but she did.

Sorry if I've embarrassed you sis, as well as giving us moments of laughter you give us plenty of moments of love. Katie may be strait talking but she has a good heart. Thanks sis!


Do you like butter?

3 comments:

  1. LOL! what a sister you have! Give my regards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my favorite columns. I love hearing about your childhood and your family. If I ever visit, I'll feel like I know everyone like I was family. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm not like Katie"
    haha even i've heard that thrase! She may be the bossy boots but she can still be fun!
    Personally, my favourite bit is about how she use to cry when she was hungry. hahahaha.x

    ReplyDelete