Thursday 3 December 2009

Art Project - Thumbprints Thursday, Reindeer

I love the cheeky look on the 2nd reindeer's face, his has mischief planned I reckon.


This weeks Thumbprints Thursday is Reindeer, I thought as we are now in December I should really do something Christmassy.

What you'll need:

  • Paper or card in any colour you want
  • Paint in any colour you wish
  • Pens

This time I chose to do mine on some white paper and use a plum coloured matt emulsion paint (I always have lots of different tester pots of colour in the home). Using just my thumb I carefully dipped my thumb into the paint and made various thumb sized prints, single ones for a face only and two thumb prints for a whole full bodied reindeer. Once the paint was dry (or in my case nearly dry) I then used a silver gel pen to draw on antlers, a face and if needed feet. Very simple and quick to do. You could use some tissue paper to put the thumbprints on and then use as wrapping paper for all those Christmas presents or you could do this on some nice card folded in half and use to make a Christmas card.

Here's how mine looked. I'm going to add some more reindeer on in different colours and set this by for when it comes to wrapping up presents.

5 comments:

  1. Sarah- this is absolutely adorable! Such a clever idea! And really quite cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. This would be a terrific project to do with my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, thanks for letting me know about the broken link in my blog. And now I'm letting you know that I can't see the posted photos you've linked from Flick - both images showing "this photo is currently unavailable"

    What's up with our computers? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't see your photos here!!!
    It's flickr...that's why I always post pics from my computer. I don't trust any outsider's service...I'll be back later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie - Thank you. I'm thinking I'm going to get the family to do some of these as Christmas cards, so fun and lots of other christmas characters you could do. I'm already excited. lol.

    On Sunday Morning - Thank you. Indeed it would make a great project for a little one and so easy to do. I'd love to see what you do if you do get round to doing this.

    Kala - Thanks for the heads up about the images. I was editing some photos yesterday and changing the permissions on flickr and didn't realise I'd done so on these. Crazy computers huh.

    BLOGitse - They're back!!!! I did as you suggested and uploaded from my PC. By the way I loved your Moon post.

    Have a lovely weekend everyone and thank you for the visits and kinds words. x

    ReplyDelete