Thursday 10 December 2009

Art Project - Thumbprints Thursday, Flower



It's a good friends birthday this weekend and rather than buy birthday cards we like to try and make them in our household, adds more of a personal touch. I normally end up doing flowers. lol.

As before start off with your card, paint and pens. I've used yellow and pink paint and a green glitter gel pen on blue card. As I'm making a birthday card I've folded the card in half.

Start with the yellow paint and dip your finger into the paint then make a small circle. Clean your finger and then dip your thumb into the pink paint and around the edge of the yellow finger circle make five thumbprints (like petal shapes). Then simple draw on a stalk and leaves and ta-da finito.

3 comments:

  1. I think home-made cards are so much nicer than store-bought ones. What kind of paper do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. home made,
    made with feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kala - I agree although sometimes you have to relent and buy store-bought ones. As for what paper I use I just use plain old card that's cut to A4 size, we always have plenty (and in different colours) around the house for Callum.

    BLOGitse - I couldn't have said it better.

    Thanks for the visits and comments. x

    ReplyDelete