Friday 11 December 2009

Life through a lens + Art Project - Foody Friday, Cheesecake

Sadly when I made this a few months back I didn't get round to taking a photo and as I've just been told to cut my sugar intake down I won't be making it for a little while, however when I do I will be sure to take a photo and add it. This is a lovely fresh recipe and if like me you are pregnant and want some cheesecake you can have this without the worry of eggs etc and also if you are slimming it's very good.

Cheesecake

serves 12 people.

Ingredients:

6 plain digestive biscuits crushed
28g/1oz of low fat margarine
2 tbsp of orange juice (or a different juice depending on the flavour of jelly you use)
1 sachet of sugar free orange jelly crystals (or other flavour if you wish)
454g/1 lb of very low fat natural cottage cheese
454g/1 lb of very low fat natural fromage frais


  1. Melt the butter and then mix in juice and crushed biscuits. Once fully mixed press onto the base of a 20cm/8 inch shallow dish.
  2. Make up the jelly with 284ml/ 1/2 pint of boiling water and leave aside to cool. Once cool put 3/4 of the jelly, the cottage cheese and the fromage frais in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour this mixture on top of the biscuit base and chill until set.
  3. When set pour the remainder of the jelly over the top and refrigerate overnight or until set.
  4. Cut and eat and enjoy.

EDIT: Even though I had this typed up yesterday I was silly and entered the wrong date so it didn't auto post on the right date I wanted. Doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment