Tuesday 24 November 2009

Life through a lens - Tribute Tuesday, my Mum


Over on 365 Days of Matt I suddenly got a brainwave... OK Matt gave me the idea.... I love how reading Matt's blog I've gotten to hear so many wonderful stories about his family but also it's been lovely to hear someone talk about their family in such a loving, kind, funny way and I love how Matt appreciates his family so much. Sometimes I feel even though we do love our families and appreciate them we forget to show this. So from now on Tuesday is going to be Tribute Tuesday. To start with I'll pay tribute to a family member but I'm sure that I'll then follow on to friends.

So to start today's Life Through a Lens - Tribute Tuesday I'm going to honour my Mum.


Don't be fooled that isn't just orange juice... there's champagne in there too.


My Mum has always been a huge inspiration to me. She is this amazing woman who has done a fantastic job bringing up seven kids... and a husband. When you need a shoulder to cry on she is there. When you need a wedding dress made she is there (she even takes it on holiday with her to continue making it). When you need someone to share a bottle of white wine with (especially if it's Hock) she is there. When you need someone to watch over you all night because you are scared Freddie Kruger will get you she is there to do so. When you turn your hands orange from making your own chemistry experiments because you find the ones in the book boring she is there. When you come home aged about 14 years old drunk to nearly unconsciousness from a party she is there to stay up all night to make sure you don't choke on your own vomit. Whenever you need anything she is there and not just if you are her daughter but anyone she knows. She is the life and soul at a party and she is as beautiful today as she was when she first met my Dad. She can turn her hand to anything from, as mentioned before, making you your wedding dress, to perming your hair, to helping you with your GCSE art project when you want to go to your tennis lesson. If I make it to being just 1% of the Mother that she is I know I'll be happy. I probably don't say this often enough but thank you Mum for being the awesomeness that is you. I love you.

7 comments:

  1. wow, say cheers to your mother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was beautiful Sarah, I am sure your mum will love to hear those kind words.

    I dont know a lot about Mary but you are right and she should be an inspiration to you all. I have a lot to thank her for too and I hope that one day I get the chance to repay her kindness.

    I think you are a great mum too as Callum is very well looked after by you n Daz. I have no doubt you will be the same when the next baby White comes along.

    Always loved that photo of you guys by Lands end BTW !! speak soon

    all my love Martyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pic with your mom and the juice! She looks like such a fun lady. I look forward to more "Tributes".

    And to be fair... I totally stole the idea for my sister so she deserves the credit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tibute to your mum. Mine is the love of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything you said about mum was so true! Don't think any of us take enough time to appreciate all the help she gives us and her ever lasting patience!I love the choice of pics as well, haha :) deffinatly sum mum up!
    Let me geuse, next is Dad? look forward to reading it!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. BLOGitse - I'll be sure to do so!

    Matt - My Mum is definitely one of the fun ones. I did have another photo of her mucking around but I didn't want to embarrass her too much. lol. And huge credits to Jenn!!!

    Kala - What would we do without our Mum's huh?

    Frankie - I really do wonder at times how she puts up with all of us... and Dad. :P hehe. I think the photos sum up Mum, don't you? And maybe you're right about it being Dad and maybe not... and don't forget there'll be one for you too at some point. :D bwahahahahahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. true, i dont know how she does it! especially dad sometimes ;) lol. Deffinatly sum mum up!! haha i look forward to reading!! x

    ReplyDelete