Thursday 19 November 2009

Life through a lens - GIMP and textures

OK OK I know I said I'd get back to art projects but ... well I'm just enjoying posting some of my photos but also these last two days I've been playing about with some old photos using GIMP. I wanted to experiment with textures. Luckily there are many kind and generous people around and I found one such on flickr who if you don't use it for commercial purposes and credit back to them the use of their texture/s is happy for you to use them. Please check out their photostream ground*floor

The photo I used is one I took in February 2009, here is it in its original form:



The I used picnik to change the colour tone to add a cross processing feel to it, boy I love that effect.




And today I edited the original and added the borrowed texture from ground*floor, then I headed over to picnik to add a bit more to the shot and came up with this.



I wanted to have a bit of a timeless ghost feel to it, not sure if I succeeded but I think I kind of like it.

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I have GIMP but never used. I use PhotoScape. And Paint.net.
    Goooood night! I've had a busy day. I'm ready to go to bed. Nite. See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never used textures or the GIMP .... still have a lot to learn. Looks like you had tons of fun playing around with post processing these shots.

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. The main reason I have and use GIMP is cost, I just can't afford PS or the likes. x Hope you both had lovely weekends.

    ReplyDelete