Wednesday 11 November 2009

Art Project - Plasticine

This post has been inspired by James May (you are probably asking either who is James May or what is it with my family and our love of Top Gear and their presenters.) who currently has a tv show called James May's Toy Stories (here is a youtube link about it). Basically James is on a mission to celebrate Britain’s best loved toys, and celebrate them on a massive scale plus show kids that not all is video games. Last week on the show it was all about plasticine. How can you not love that stuff and after having watched the show we were all inspired to get some and build things! And that's what all three of us did last night (Daz, Callum and I), we all sat round the dining table and made things and chatted and had a really good time. And that makes me think that maybe James May's idea and hope is working.

Here's what we created.

Callum's Creations







My Creations




Daz' Creations

3 comments:

  1. Yammy! Colorful and beautiful!
    That's what kids need - create with their hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mushroom reminds me of Super Mario Bros.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogitse - Exactly!! Of course sometimes that creating is playing a video game but hey it's getting the balance right which I think we don't manage too badly.

    Matt - LOL I see what you mean. Now which one, Daz' or Callum's?

    ReplyDelete