Tuesday 12 January 2010

Life through a lens - Tribute Tuesday, my brother Joe



This weeks Tribute Tuesday is for my brother Joe(seph), the only boy out of seven kids and the youngest of us all too. Don't you feel sorry for him? lol


He was always so solemn looking as a kid but as he has gotten older that humour of his and smile has come out more and more.

He is one of a twin, Frankie his twin sister used to be so much taller than him but not nowadays, I think Joe's even taller than our Dad!



When he was younger he had trouble saying Francesca's name and so came up with the nickname Decker which for years and years and still a bit to this day has stuck.

Last year while talking about ages with Callum he was asked how old he thought Joe (because he rarely refers to him as Uncle Joe!) was. Callum's answer was 93 years old. Asked why he thought this he replied that the taller you are the older you are and Joe is as tall as our house so must be really old. Kids logic. lol.

I couldn't tell you what position he played but Joe plays rugby. He played for Cranham for many years and now plays for his school and last year went to South Africa on a School Rugby Tour.

I think the most Joe has talked to me was after he came back from South Africa and showed me the million and one photos. lol.

I don't think any or many of us have ever met a girlfriend of his. Have you had any Joe? I can understand not introducing her to us lot at a family occasion as that must be daunting meeting your boyfriends' six older sisters. lol.

When Joe and Frankie were babies and just at that toddling stage they used to hide behind the curtains in my parents back room and play peek-a-boo.

He's really great when we have family get together at my parents and all the kids hassle him in the front room on the PS3. He's also great when I go round to see my Mum with Callum and Callum decides to go raid his bedroom for toys to play with.

He likes his Magners or just lager/cider.

What else can I say, he's my only brother, he's nearly 18 years old and you don't get much out of teenage boys. But he's a cool handsome dude and I bet he has loads of girlfriends. lol.


And look he's secure in his masculinity that he doesn't even mind having a photo taken of him playing with a dolly. ;) :P

Thanks for being that cool little brother dude Joe and sorry for a lame arse attempt of a Tribute Tuesday.


1 comment: