Sunday 28 February 2010

Life through a lens - Surprise Sunday, Life with Callum

As Bumpy's due date looms ever closer (it's days now!!... hopefully!!) I'm thinking more and more about Callum's birth. We had a very traumatic birth with Callum, one that maybe one day I'll talk about but not today, for now I'll leave you with the first image I saw of my son Callum, 13 hours before I actually got to see and hold him in person.


Anyway I'm trying not to think too much so I don't get stressed about it, I'm staying positive but every day I think of this new life growing inside me I'm also reminded of the life that I've already grown inside me, given birth to (well in a way) and nurtured. Sure he drives me crazy at times, acts like he is a teenager already (and he's only 6.5 years old!), talks back but he also amazes me in how he tackles things in life, his love and knowledge of cars, how he can just say one thing and make me laugh and smile or just how he just sometimes gives you a little cuddle and melts your heart. He always cares for peoples feelings and hates it whenever someone is upset, if a friend of his at school gets hurt he'll take them to the nurse and wait until they are ok, he never sees any difference between colour/creed/religion like I've seen other kids of his age do, everyone is there to be friends with. Like I said he may drive me crazy but every day he makes me proud to be his Mum. I know when Bumpy does come into the world that they will have the best Big Brother ever and even if Bumpy is a sister (Callum's worst nightmare) I know that he'll always look out for them and not let anyone harm or upset them. So here's to my little superhero, I love you. xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Callum is going to do fine after the first shock when he realizes that he's not any more the one and only. But with time he'll be okay...
    I wish everything goes well.
    Can't wait for your news...

    Take care,
    don't worry!

    BLOGitse

    ReplyDelete