Friday 5 March 2010

Art Project - Oh Flipperty Flip...it's Friday

Gah! I forgot it was Friday today and I have no food related projects/photos to hand so for today I'll post about something Callum and I have been doing.

The other week the two of us started and afterschool class called Family Art. When I first heard about it I thought it would just be about us just making things in class and getting all messy. I was wrong. lol. In fact it is proper art lessons and so far they have been awesome, what's even better is that the course is free. Anyway we've been learning about using imagination, observation, feelings and intellect along with how to do shading and this week we did charcoal drawings. I loved that lesson so much I asked Daz to go and buy Callum and I some charcoals and most of this week after homework has been done Callum and I have sat down and done some charcoal drawings.

So with no more words, here is one of the pieces of work I did this week. I need a lot more practice but I was just experimenting with the different charcoal sizes etc. It took me about ten minutes to do this and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.




Oh and it's meant to be a Heron although Callum thinks it looks like an Emu.

Have a lovely weekend all. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment